Sunday 31 March 2013

Leibster Blog Award



Can you believe it? I've been nominated for an award. It is very exciting and a wonderful Easter surprise. I would like to thank http://kenowinsky.blogspot.co.uk/ for nominating me.

"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."


So here are 11 random facts about me!


1. I am a guy who lives in London, UK

2. Happily married (most of the time) with six children.
3. I am an rabid Chelsea FC football supporter.
4. I published my first novel- Zachania in May 2012.
5. I am a Roman Catholic
6. I enjoy writing to classical music, especially Hans Zimmerman and Jon Horner.
7. My favourite singer is Elvis Presley
8. I enjoy playing football and the Xbox with my sons, especially Black ops 2 zombies, I can get to level 29 before the zombies just wipe me out.
9. I have just treated myself to a Nokia Lumia 920 and I absolutely love it.
10. I left school almost illiterate at the age of fifteen.
11. Poetry is my first love of writing, I love Rudyard Kipling and Alfred Tennyson. and Cassius Clay if you class his quotes as poetic!

And here are my 11 questions  to answer 



1. What was the last book you read and would you recommend it?
My own book - Zachania, and absolutely, wholeheartedly!


2. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My Mum.


3. Are you happy with how you look? Why or why not?
I suppose so/ maybe when I was a bit younger I worried about my appearance more, But I always try to dress well- clean pair of shoes and clean shirt!


4. Have you ever ridden in the subway or mass transit? Where and why?
Hundreds of times, I live in London so I used to ride the underground almost every day when I went to school.


5. When was the last time you donated to a charity?
At Church, if you call collections charity


6. What was the last song you listened to?
Pink Floyd-The Final cut 
7. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be and why?
Not to worry about the world my children are growing up into. Today they are faced with so many obstructions and temptations. kids do not seem to know who they are anymore.


8. What is your favorite sport to play or watch (or both)?
Boxing and FootballI cant differintiate between the two.


9. How often are you on-line and approximately for how long?
Not very often..I drive most places, so it only when i shop.
10. If you could go anywhere, where would it be?

I have always wanted to go to Bora Bora
11. What is your all-time favorite movie?
It has to be......The Deerhunter..The journey it takes you to is breath taking.

And here are my 11 questions to pass on -

1. Tea or coffee

2. What is your favourite quote?
3. Who is your all-time favourite author?
4. What is your favourite game?
5. Who was your favourite president of the United States and why?
6. Which Simpson would you compare yourself to?
7. iPhone or Windows phone?
8. Who would be your dream literary agent?
9. What was the last thing you gambled on?
10. If you had to spend the night in a haunted house, what would you take with you?
11. And finally, what gives you the most satisfaction about writing?

And here are my 11 blogs that I would like to pass the Liebster award on to. I have picked some  bloggers that I've been really enjoying reading and getting to know them  better. Please do pop over to their blogs and say hello. 


1.  Deborah Palumbo

2.  Sass Cadeaux
3.  Wayne Murphy
4.  Amity Hope Books
5.  A story is a promise
6.  Survey of Pop
7.  Juephraime
8.  Carla Sarrett
9.  Dark Chocolate Writing
10. Room To write
11. Ann Gimpel

And that's me all done! Thanks again for giving me the award.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating my blog. I won't have space to post anything on it for a couple of weeks since I have new books releasing on the 2nd and the 8th of this month. My new release info will take the top spot for the next three weeks. If there's not a time crunch, I'd be glad to revisit this toward the end of April.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award! It's an honor when other bloggers recognize your work. I found your great blog through the WLC Blog Follows on the World Literary Cafe! Great to connect! I would like to invite you to come visit my humor blog: http://telegatales.com/blog-2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem Ann,
    and thank you very much Karla for finding the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination JH! I am working on getting it set up on my blog now! :)

    ReplyDelete